The Sunset Concert Series and Farmers Market returns to the St. Charles and Waldorf communities this May 11, marking the start of the fourth year of the outdoor music festival with a performance by the popular salsa band, Sin Miedo, and highlighted over the course of the summer by performances of three United States military bands and some of the regions' best singers and songwriters.
In addition, the farmers' market at O'Donnell Lake will expand to include Wednesday afternoons, Friday nights and Saturdays, with the market formerly held at Festival in Waldorf moving to the St. Patrick's and Smallwood Drive location, making the O'Donnell Lake area Charles County's must-stop location for buying local produce and supporting local farmers.
"It's going to be a great summer," said Craig J. Renner, vice president of marketing for The St. Charles Companies, sponsor of the annual event. "We've put together an outstanding group of performers that range from rock to country to Irish. There's no question that, musically, there is something for everyone this summer at the Sunset Concert Series."
· the US Navy band, Country Current, on May 18
· making their first appearance, the US Air Force rock band Max Factor, on June 8
· the US Navy band, Cruisers, on June 29
· perennial favorites, Higher Hands, Kajun Kelly and Eric Scott, on July 20, July 27 and August 31, respectively
· local Irish favorites, John O'Laughlin and the Blarney Stones on July 6
For the full list of bands, visit http://www.facebook.com/stcharlesmd and click on the page for the Sunset Concert Series.