Honoring those who have served, and continue to serve, is a key part of the St. Charles Fall Festival Saturday, October 11th.
In coordination with the Charles County Chamber of Commerce, the Veterans Opportunity Fair will bring together numerous employers, benefit specialists, service providers and more information of interest to active duty and retired military. The purpose of the event is to be a "one stop shop" for information about health benefits, educational programs, employment opportunities, housing, and business development programs available for veterans.
Approximately 15 vendors will be on hand for the Veterans Opportunity Fair, including:
- SMECO, which offers career opportunities in engineering and operations, finance, economics and employee services, external affairs, and information and customer services
- Calvert Health Solutions, which helps Maryland residents apply and enroll in health and dental medical coverage.
- VConnections, which educates and provides assistance to veterans in accessing health, education, and other benefits
- College of Southern Maryland, which provides a myriad of continuing and college education classes for veterans
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, which is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities, including education and outings.
The US Naval Academy band Electric Brigade will also be in concert at O'Donnell Lake starting at 11 a.m.
The Fall Festival is open to the entire community, but we are especially pleased to welcome our retired and active duty military to the event. We are happy and pleased to honor those who have served by working with the Chamber of Commerce to support the Veterans Opportunity Fair.
The Fair and the Fall Festival will be held on Oct. 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is open and free to the public. For more information, click here.