Welcome to the world of green living, where we can all live simply, naturally, and in good health. Unlike what most think, green living is easy, saves you money and is a natural way to connect with your community. Here are some tips to keep you on track. Keep it simple and start by taking a few minutes to walk around your home and ask yourself the following questions:
- Are the lights off in rooms that aren’t being used?
- Are you taking advantage of the sunlight and opening your windows or blinds during the day?
- Do your computer monitors run all day and all night, even while you’re working and sleeping?
- Are your windows weather-stripped and sealed, moderating your indoor temperature?
- How about your trash – do you have a recycling bin that’s easily accessible?
- Are you even using your recycling bins?
Checking in on how you run your home is great first step to living a greener life. Discover the things you can improve on and give yourself a pat on the back for the things you are already doing to stay green. Share your ideas and think about what you would like to improve on. We welcome your suggestions as we journey toward an greener lifestyle.
By guest blogger, Brandi Godbee